Saturday, December 18, 2010

Week 15 NFL Picks

I forgot to post my Thursday pick, so you're just going to have to trust that I wouldn't pick a team quarterbacked by Alex Smith on the road in San Diego.

 

Bills (+5.5) over DOLPHINS

I want to continue my string of getting every Dolphins’ game wrong.

RAVENS (-1) over Saints

New Orleans is way to popular of a pick this week because of Baltimore’s struggles against Houston a week ago. I’ll go against the national consensus.

Texans (+1.5) over TITANS
Tennessee has pretty much mailed it in ever since Jeff Fisher and Vince Young had their little spat. Not sure how they can be favored over a Texans team that shut them out three weeks ago, and at the very least, puts in a solid effort every week.

PANTHERS (-2.5) over Cardinals
Very, very, very weird game. Carolina should just throw the game to preserve the #1 pick in next year’s draft (and the ability to acquire Stanford QB Andrew Luck). Arizona is trotting out a quarterback from Fordham. I guess I’ll just take the home team, and promise not to wager actual money on this game.

Browns (+1) over BENGALS
Colt McCoy is back baby! Can’t believe I just typed that, but it’s true.

COWBOYS (-6) over Redskins
How about the Redskins pulling up fast on the home stretch for the prize of most dysfunctional franchise of the year? They’ve passed Dallas, although we need one or two more crazy things to go down in D.C. before they pass the Vikings.

COLTS (-4.5) over Jaguars
This is one of those situations where I should absolutely take the Jaguars, but can’t let go of the delusion that somehow Manning will carry the Colts to the victory and the playoffs.

Eagles (+3) over GIANTS
Philadelphia dominated the Giants offense in their first meeting.

Lions (+5.5) over BUCCANEERS
The Lions have treated me well the last couple weeks. I’ll hope for another 3-point defeat.

RAMS (+1) over Chiefs
It looks like it will be Brodie Croyle (and his career record of 0-10) under center again. Has a team ever been crushed so much by an appendix late in the year?

SEAHAWKS (+7) over Falcons
I keep picking against Atlanta because I believe there is no way that team should finish a season 14-2. They have to lose at some point.

Jets (+6) over STEELERS
I think the Steelers will win, but it will be of the 13-10 variety.

RAIDERS (-6.5) over Broncos
Tim Tebow should light a spark…for the Raiders defense.

PATRIOTS (-11) over Packers
With Aaron Rodgers out, this line could’ve been (-38) and I would still pick the Patriots.

Bears (-6) over VIKINGS
Love the outdoor night game being played in Minnesota, but I do not have as much love for Joe Webb at quarterback for the Vikings.

Season Record = 33-30-1
Thursday Pick = 1-0

No comments:

Post a Comment