Friday, November 26, 2010

Week 12 NFL Picks

            My Thanksgiving picks weren’t too hot (although if I was playing the money line, I would’ve won all three games, but that’s not the gimmick here). Hopefully we’ll get back on track here with the Sunday slate.

 

Vikings (+1) over REDSKINS


            This line has move 1.5 points since Wednesday. Apparently most of America is on board with a team playing much better after firing an incompetent coach (see Wade Phillips and the Dallas Cowboys). I expect to see a much stronger effort from the Vikings than we’ve seen the past few weeks.

Vikings 23, Redskins 10

Steelers (-7) over BILLS


            Buffalo has been a fun little team the past few weeks. I’m not sure how many teams in NFL history have comeback from being down 17 to end up winning by 18, but that’s exactly what the Bills pulled off in Cincinnati last week. I’d like to see Buffalo win this game, but their offensive line will not hold up against the Steelers defense.

Steelers 30, Bills 13

TEXANS (-6.5) over Titans


            I need to see Rusty Smith cover a point spread before I endorse a team quarterbacked by him to do so.

Texans 27, Titans 14

Jaguars (+7) over GIANTS


            The Giants should win this game, but they will have a hard time covering this spread without their top two wideouts. Whatever you do, don’t bet the over with this game.

Giants 13, Jaguars 10

BROWNS (-10) over Panthers


            Word on the street is the Panthers signed an employee from a Jiffy Lube in Charlotte to play quarterback this weekend. Okay, I made that up, but would you have been surprised if it was actually true? I would’ve only been mildly stunned.

Browns 24, Panthers 12

FALCONS (-1.5) over Packers


If Atlanta is really a serious threat to win the NFC, they need to win this game.

Falcons 20, Packers 17

SEAHAWKS (+2) over Chiefs

            Kansas City gave up 263 points at Denver two weeks ago (alright it was only 49, but it felt like 263). Kansas City is a solid young team, but I’m not sure if they know how to win on the road. We’ll see how they do in a very hostile environment.

Seahawks 27, Chiefs 17

RAIDERS (EVEN) over Dolphins


            I honestly don’t know what to think about this game. The Steelers smashed Oakland last Sunday (as accurately predicted in my week 11 picks column, thank you very much). Miami was shut out at home by Chicago (not accurately predicted, we won’t talk about that game). I guess I’ll take the team that’s at home and not playing their 3rd string quarterback.

Raiders 13, Dolphins 7

Buccaneers (+7.5) at RAVENS


            Las Vegas has no love for Josh Freeman and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Last week, they were three point underdogs to a 3-6 football team. After pitching a shut out, they still can’t get respect. I won’t sit here and guarantee a Buccaneers win, but there’s a good chance they keep it very close. If Buffalo can push the Ravens to overtime at home, why can’t Tampa give them a game?

Ravens 21, Buccaneers 17

Eagles (-3.5) over BEARS


            I refuse to believe in the Chicago Bears.

Eagles 24, Bears 10

BRONCOS (-3.5) over Rams


            This is one of those match-ups where you pick whoever is playing at home. I don’t believe that either team is better than the other, but St. Louis is not good enough yet to win a game in an environment like Denver.

Broncos 37, Rams 16

COLTS (-3) over Chargers


            I’ll use the same logic I used when picking last Sunday night’s Eagles-Giants game. San Diego looked much better than they are on Monday night. Indianapolis didn’t necessarily look bad, but didn’t get the job done against New England. This will be my “market correction” pick of the week (keep in mind I incorrectly picked the Giants to win last week. If I miss this game, there will be no more “market correction” picks).

Colts 34, Chargers 27


 CARDINALS (+1) over 49ers

            After this season, I vote that we give all four NFC West teams to the CFL. No one will notice that any of those teams are gone.

Cardinals 17, 49ers 6

Week 11 Record = 10-5-1
Thanksgiving Record = 1-2
Total Record = 11-7-1

No comments:

Post a Comment