Wednesday, October 17, 2012

49ers-Seahawks Pick


            Loyal followers of this blog (all 12 of you) will note that my Thursday picks have been awful. Week to week, I’ve basically been a dog chasing my tail. To try to counteract this, I’m going to over analyze tomorrow night’s Seahawks-49ers game until I inevitably choose the wrong team.

Seattle Seahawks (4-2) @ San Francisco 49ers (4-2)
Thursday, 8:20pm, NFL Network, O/U 38
            Touchdowns will be at a premium tomorrow night when the fifth and sixth ranked defenses in the league hook-up on three days rest. One would assume that Seattle should be feeling pretty good about themselves after their stunning comeback win over the Patriots. One should also assume that San Francisco should be pretty pissed off after getting their ass kicked by New York. I like San Francisco to win (I don't care if Russell Wilson looked good while chucking up air balls against a hapless Patriots secondary, he's going to get his ass kicked tomorrow night), but even if they dominate the game, couldn’t the score be something like 10-6 or 13-10? It’s hard to see San Francisco covering a seven-point spread. That’s exactly why I’m choosing San Francisco to cover. Does it make sense? No, but neither have any of my previous Thursday night picks.

49ERS (-7) over Seahawks

No comments:

Post a Comment