Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In Fear of KG

            For those who didn’t see the end of Game 2 between Boston and New York, here’s some video of Kevin Garnett getting a steal and calling a timeout to put the game away. KG used approximately 200 expletives in ten seconds (that estimate is probably conservative). Say what you want about him, but the dude cares.
            That got me thinking about what games I would never want to play against Garnett. What would put your health and/or life in the most jeopardy? Here’s my short list (in reverse order).

5. Any Video Game for Wii – Wii games move up to #1 if you had Garnett over your house for Wii Bowling. If he ends up with a 7-10 split, his remote will be flying into your television screen.

4. Darts – KG armed with a hand-powered missile that could stick into your temple is a scary thought.

(QUICK TANGENT ALERT: It’s amazing there aren’t more dart related deaths in this country. Roughly 75% people who play are heavily intoxicated while they are doing it. Just speaking from personal experience, I don’t think I’ve ever played when my blood alcohol level has been below 0.10.  They say not to drink and drive, but I’m surprised there isn’t a “Don’t Drink and Dart” movement alongside it)

3. Dodgeball – I don’t think there’s an explanation needed for this one.

2. Quittage – I’ll grant you that this game only exists in the world of Harry Potter, but imagine it was real. Would you 100-feet up in the air with KG chasing after you on a flying broom? I don’t think so.

1. Poker – The game itself isn’t necessarily dangerous (unless Garnett jams a poker chip down your throat), but the aftermath is what’s scary. If you sucked out on him on the river, you could end up through the table WWE style.

No comments:

Post a Comment