Friday, June 15, 2012

No Credentials Quick Takes, Volume 2

            Here’s the second (and hopefully final) installment of “What No Credentials Missed While He Was Traveling For His Real Job” (that’s not what I called it the first time, but then again, I put my son’s diaper on backwards this morning, so I’ve been having a rough go of it lately).

On I’ll Have Another Skipping the Belmont Because of Injury…

            I was as bummed out as anyone when the news that I’ll Have Another would not race broke. Avid readers of this blog (all six of you) will recall that No Credentials won a bunch of money off of this horse in the Kentucky Derby, thanks to the most accurate selection system of a winning horse ever known to man. I’d feel worse, but one has to remember that I.H.A. will spend the rest of its life banging women (is that an appropriate way to refer to a female horse?) in an attempt to produce another super horse. Life won’t suck for I’ll Have Another.

On the NBA Finals…

           This year’s Finals looks like it will go the distance. We’re lucky to have a series featuring the best two players in the NBA.

On Shaun White Skipping This Year’s X Games…

            I don’t give a shit. 

On Prometheus…
            Haven’t seen it yet, but I don’t think I need to. 75% of the movie was shown in Coors Light commercials.

On the Los Angeles Kings…

            Watching the Kings eviscerate the Devils Monday night, it was easy to wonder how this team was only an eighth seed in the Western Conference. Jarrett Stoll, Dustin Penner, and Willie Mitchell are the only key contributors slated for unrestricted free agency next season, and they have a solid trade chip in back-up goalie Jonathan Bernier, who needless to say, is expendable. With Jonathan Quick locked up for years to come, the Kings should be perennial Stanley Cup contenders for the foreseeable future.

On Juan Gonzalez Smacking Two Home Runs Against the Tigers…

            Oh wait, this happened in TECMO. Coming soon will be the No Credentials TECMO Super Baseball Fantasy Baseball Draft (that’s right, I did a mock draft for a video game that came out nearly two decades ago. This is a good time to mention that I was somehow able to produce a son).

On Matt Cain Throwing the Second Perfect Game of 2012…

            Yet more proof that we need to get steroids back into MLB. 

On the End of the Big 3 Era of the Celtics…

            We’ll save that for next time. No Credentials should be back to a normal schedule of posting, so stay tuned all summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment